About B & I
For 55 years, B & I has provided exceptional performance in mechanical systems, service, electrical, plumbing, and cross-discipline maintenance for commercial building contractors and the structures they build.
- 1960 - B & I Contractors, Inc. is established by Gordon Harbuck
- 1963 - Original Articles of Incorporation are Created. B & I still operates under the original articles.
- 1986 - Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is Established. ESOP now owns 100% of the corporate stock.
Our company headquarters is a 30,000-square-foot group of buildings in Fort Myers, Florida, that also serves as a sheet metal and pipe fabrication facility, allowing us to respond promptly, reliably and cost-effectively to client needs in HVAC, electrical, plumbing and building automation requirements. Three hundred employees work out of our headquarters and satellite offices in Broward and in Sarasota counties, providing efficient, comprehensive solutions in any of our specialty disciplines.
B & I Team Members
We are staffed with professional, degree-trained and graduate engineers in each of our specialties, and organized by disciplines in teams that can answer quickly, efficiently and responsively to every demand and need.
- Twelve Full Time Engineers.
- Four Florida Registered Professional Engineers.
- Project Managers & Coordinators - Help with job coordination and documentation.
Six Departmental Trade Managers
B & I’s department managers have more than 100 years of experience in the construction industry.
- 1. HVAC | Pipe-fitting | Sheet Metal
- 2. Plumbing
- 3. Electrical
- 4. Service & Maintenance
- 5. Design Build Process
- 6. Specialized Projects
We also employ a full-time CAD department whose experts produce shop drawings, and design/construct engineering plans. We have found it most beneficial for our clients to have B & I field personnel included in the coordination process to assure our installations meet the highest level of workmanship and professionalism for each project.
- Project Management
- Human Resources
- Computers & Technology
- Shipping & Receiving
These teams of professionals support B & I’s construction activities with a variety of services and coordination efforts. No job in the field could be done effectively or efficiently without our support staff in our on site, 20,000 square foot, sheet metal shop.
Commercial HVAC Service
In addition to construction, B & I provides commercial HVAC and plumbing services.
- We provide our customers 24-hour on-call HVAC Service, preventative maintenance contracts, control-system design and installation, including off-site monitoring.
We really are your one stop solution for all Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Design, and Service.